Advisory and Consulting Services
NYFAA provides objective and confidential assistance for the acquisition and disposition of single works of art, eclectic or carefully selected collections focused by period and genre, fine furnishings and general household contents.
Sales and Estate Liquidation
As an objective, independent agent who does not buy or sell and unaffiliated with any auction house or gallery, NYFAA assists private and corporate clients, trusts and estates wishing to sell works of art or liquidate a collection. These clients rely on NYFAA’s Art Disposition Service to ensure the process is handled expediently, discreetly and in the most advantageous manner. In many instances, this service is offered on a no-fee basis to our clients.
Using our extensive network of resources and relationships developed over 40 years, coupled with an unrivaled knowledge of the intricacies of the fluid global art market, NYFAA will suggest the most beneficial method of disposition, including local and international auctions, gallery purchase or consignment, private transactions with collectors worldwide and donations to appropriate non-profit organizations.
Once a strategy is developed, NYFAA will act as your representative throughout the entire process, providing the following services, as appropriate:
- Obtain estimates, competitive bids and suggest aggressive sale parameters
- Negotiate consignment agreements and terms of sale, including costs of storage, transportation, conservation, insurance, marketing and photography
- Compare competing sale proposals
- Manage entire sale process, acting as a liaison between the sale venue and client
- Facilitation of sales for estates and household cleanouts
- Development of proposals to museums and non-profit institutions for donation
- Salvage resale on behalf of insurance companies
As independent consultants who do not buy or sell, NYFAA’s Art Acquisition Advisory Service is highly sought after by corporate and private collectors wishing to start or expand their collection, obtain a non-biased opinion of a particular work or locate a desired object on the international art market.
Our team of knowledgeable experts assists clients with the purchase of fine and decorative art both privately and through international auction venues. With an unparalleled knowledge of the complexities of the fluctuating art market and strong relationships with auction houses, private dealers, designers and collectors in the United States and abroad, NYFAA will present you with choices of works of art that meet your aesthetic and financial goals.
Each advisory report includes:
- Results of strategic global object searches
- Certification of object authenticity, quality, condition, rarity and provenance
- Art market performance analyses
- Suggested bidding parameters and/or negotiated purchase terms